Our programs provide the latest knowledge and training to develop students’ clinical and research skills in creative arts therapy. We prepare you to become an expert in the field by focusing on the latest research and advancements.
- Three specialized majors in music therapy, dance/movement therapy, and expressive therapies.
- Program offered by faculty with international credentials.
- Well-structured and designed curriculum to provide you with the knowledge and skills to become a successful clinician and researcher in creative arts therapy.
- Opportunity to work on your dissertation with the support of your faculty advisors.
Skills and competencies obtained
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in a range of professional settings in creative arts therapy.
- Substantial knowledge of core counseling theories as they apply to both individuals and groups.
- An understanding of ethical codes in mental health professions and their modality specializations.
- A critical multicultural lens of the sociocultural foundations in creative arts therapy processes.
- An embodied understanding of group process and dynamics, including theory, skills, and approaches.
- Research skills in quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods.