Learning and Support
Jeonju University is committed to providing you with a high quality learning experience by engaging you through a diverse range of personal, academic and professional support initiatives.
Orientation and Registration
- Orientation is great time to meet your classmates, get to know your teachers, and also look around campus before study begins. In order to make orientation stress free, we open class registration a few weeks beforehand so you can sort out most of the paperwork before you arrive on campus.
- Your orientation program will provide all the information you need to settle in at Jeonju University as quickly as possible, so attendance is compulsory.
Student Mentoring Program
- Jeonju University’s rage of mentoring programs will connect you locally and globally, allowing you to engage with students, alumni and industry professionals. Through our industry mentoring program we find you a suitable mentor to support and guide your career development.
- Assistance is always close-by. You can access free and confidential welfare and counselling services from our team of experienced staff. They can help you deal with personal issues such as homesickness and other causes of stress or concern.
- Bridging subjects are available if you do not have the pre-requisites or assumed knowledge for your chose program, or would like to revise your knowledge.
Language Development Modules
- You will benefit from two free Language Development Modules which are integrated into each major to ensure you gain the literacy need for academic success. You will develop your Korean language skills in dedicated classes and online self-access sessions.
- Our comprehensive learning support framework gives you the best opportunity to succeed in your studies at no extra cost and includes:
- - Lecture Consultation
- Lectures are available at anytime to meet with students outside class and discuss course topics.
- - Assignment Help
- Student learning advisors and colleagues are available to talk through assignment questions, essay structuring and writing and referencing.
- - Study Skills and Time Management Workshops
- Available throughout the semester these workshops focus on developing study skills in areas such as time management, academic writing skills and examination techniques.
- - Peer-assisted Learning
- High performing students are available to mentor other students through their courses in a tutoring style format.